SLIDER

Where in the world did my money go?

March 16, 2013





You know that time when you put your mind to something, then you take a few steps back? Yeah, that has been March for me.  Can't say this has been the best month for putting my frugal ways to the test. But I suppose you need to fail to learn right?

Definitely made some bigger purchases this month that were wants and not needs. I've noticed that my  perception of those two extremes is still flawed. I suppose I didn't need that pair of heels, that picture frame... and mind draws a blank. Clearly, there's my problem. I don't even remember everything that I have purchased this month. Because of that depressing revelation, I decided that for the month of April, I am writing down every single purchase that I make, no matter how small.

I'm hoping that this tracking system will allow me to see where my money is going, and the areas I need to cut down. I already corrected my coffee problem, and you'd be happy to know I have only purchased a coffee once over the last two weeks. I'm darn proud of myself for that, definitely a step in the right direction.

So, starting April 1st, lets find out where all my money is going, because I evidently can't be trusted to keep mental notes.  Fingers crossed!... Maybe I should start practicing in March.

4 comments :

  1. i found doing this oposite budget of only having $250 to spend is really helping me track where my money is going.

    i ran into this site, think you'll love it - http://gogingham.com/2013/01/budgeting-track-expenses/

    "stylishly frugal living"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great article about budgeting! Thanks for the tip :)

      Delete
  2. Ae you planning on doing it in excel? There are tons of great apps out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I definitely am! I am obsessed with excel! I'll have to hunt for a good app though! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete