SLIDER

Live below the line

April 24, 2013

Today was a great day for me! I learned about a fantastic new campaign called Live Below the Line. This is an innovative awareness and fundraising campaign that started in order to make a huge difference in the fight against extreme poverty.  The minute I heard about it I knew I had to support it.  It is shocking to find out what people have to live on and how much people have to spend in a day in other countries, especially third world.

The challenge is to live off of $1.75 per day for food and drink for 5 days straight totalling $8.75.  By doing this, you will bring to life what 1.4 billion people currently have to spend on a daily basis just to survive.

This really hit home for me. Just the fact that in Canada, you can spend $8.75 on ONE meal alone and it's no big deal at all.  I have never really though about that but it's true.  We are so lucky here, and others don't have that luxury.

So there you have it. It will take a ton of planning as well as self control to get this done, but I think I can do it and I'm helping a fantastic cause along the way by raising money.  In a way, it will also help me with my grocery bills and controlling my spending that I have talked about in a previous post. It will no doubt me hard, but I am up for the challenge. Luckily, I have the support of everyone around me and even a great friend doing it along with me!

I will definitely post about my results and how the whole experience went. The 5 days is starting Monday, April 29th. Lets do this!



No comments :

Post a Comment